Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, April 28, 2003  

Bowie!


Bowie is named after David Bowie and has many personas: Bow-Bow, Fluffy the Wonder Cat, the Flying Cat and Thang, to name a few. He is a morning cat, especially at 6 a.m. when he wants his treats. I am not a morning person but with Bowie walking like a goat all over me, yipping like a hyena and chewing my hair, he is a force to be reckoned with.


Today’s Knitting News
I finished the back of Maude, including weaving in about 120 ends and blocking. My total time for the back is 10 ½ hours. I cast on the front Saturday night and have 61 of 135 rows completed. I love the Mission Falls patterns in this book (In Living Color). Did you know you could take any pattern calling for M.F. 1824 cotton and make it up for winter in their 1824 wool that has the same gauge? That is great foresight. I may try a cardigan in their wool for fall. I also like that the yarn's name is the gauge (18 stitches by 24 rows) on #7 US needles, which is a fast knit. Everything about this company is knitter friendly.

posted by Nora | 2:04 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives