Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, April 29, 2003  

Let’s Make A Deal

I worked on my spring house cleaning, including the knitting stuff (the books are now piling up). I probably do not have much of a readership since this blog is only one month of age, but hope to trade some books, magazines and flyers. If you want to see photos of the items (cover and contents), let me know and I will e-mail them to you. At least I can confirm two readers for certain! (Hi to Sue and Alison.) Correction, there are two more new readers in my comments today! Very cool, indeed.

I'm Keeping This Stack


Up for grabs. The following stuff has to go. Have something to trade? Make me an offer. You pay to ship your stuff and I will pay to ship my stuff. Just name your price in goods. My personal wish list includes: pretty stitch markers to yarn to anything Rowan patterns books. (*Have these magazine issues: 22, 24 27, 31, 32.)

Books

Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Knitter’s Almanac Projects for Each Month of the Year (orig. price $6.95 –like new). Paperback.

GONE!!Animal Knits (26 fun handknits for children and toddlers) by Zoe Mellor (orig. price $19.95 –like new). Hardcover.

CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS STILL ON THE BLOCK!! Best of the Bunch -- This is a not-to-be found anywhere resource!
Around the World in Eighty Sweaters by Sue Bradley (A Unique Kitwear Collection Inspired by Many Lands) Originally published in Great Briton as “Traveller’s Yarns”. Hardcover. I purchased it in the year it was published, 1988 and do not know the cost – but it has color on almost every page. Even the patterns have colored sketches with other color options.

Like new except for my name, hometown and purchase year neatly written inside cover. This is an inspirational book for designers as it examines knitwear influences from:
Northern Europe
Eastern Europe
Western Asia
India
Australasia
North America
South America
Africa
This is the prize of the bunch – it is tough to let go of.

ALL MAGS ARE GONE!!Magazines
All in good shape with no tears, marks or folds.

Knitters Fall 2000 ($5.50 – like new)
Knitters Fall 2001 ($5.50 – like new) A cable issue.
Knitters Spring 2003 ($5.50 – like new)
Knit ‘N Style ($5.99 – like new)
Knit ‘N Style ($5.9 – like new)

Booklets

GONE Mission Falls East & West from Fall 2000 . Originally $11.50 – like new.
Colinette Art to Wear (15 designs for hand dyed Colinette yarns). Originally $10.00 – like new.



Today's Knitting News
Just more Maude. I hope to finish knitting by Friday so I can weave, block and finish knitting the neckline and sleeve bands . Next Monday, I want to start the matching Maude shrug. It would be great to have the set done by May 24th for vacation.


posted by Nora | 10:39 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives