Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, April 15, 2003  

New Models

Two Styrofoam heads I won on E-bay for two bucks each arrived last night. Their modeling debut is a hat retrospect. All were knit during the winter of 2002-03 from ChicKnits patterns. The felted Bucket O’Chic is made with LambsPride and has an alpaca nubby scarf to coordinate. The other bucket is the Rowan All Seasons Cotton gift for my 23 yr. old niece, Bonnie, who will get it on Easter in a cool coordinating hatbox.

The H2O hat has additional enhancements such as tassels, pom-poms and crochets twisters. (I had won four balls of Collinette 5 Point for a total of $24.00 during a lucky run.) The fourth skein is actually ugly and I plan to dye it later this year before making it into a H2O hat. I also have two matching skeins from another auction for this hat and Bonnie’s SuperBulky Point 5 Scarf . Not all of these hats are for me, I just do not know who they are going to yet! They are in my stash of finished items. You will need Adobe Acrobat to view this file.
ChicKnitHats03.pdf
I finished knitting my quickie hippy belt and will add fringe today. It will look bright over jeans as it is red and crimson. Plan to start fringed scarf at lunch and work on Shriek tonight. Technical news: My archives do not work due to a "203" error. Currently, there is no easy resolution from Blogger other than looking for one character making wooky (if it is that). Working on it by reviewing my coding row by row by row...a lot like knitting but no yarn. It may take some time.

posted by Nora | 10:26 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives