Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Wednesday, April 30, 2003  

Prayers for our Pets

My condolences go to Wendy on her loss of Izzy. Mick and Bowie came into my life 18 months ago when I lost my first cats: Sid (Vicious) and Nina (Hagen) in their 16th year and Mick’s sister, Dolly (Parton), all within a three month period. Even though Dolly was the runt and in poor health, I picked her over another sister at the shelter. She passed in a loving home instead of a cage. The day after, Mick and I went to different Humane Society and we picked Bowie out together as the shelter let me put the boys in a room together. They ran behind a table and have been chasing each other since to cat wrestle. Here is a look at a calmer, more infrequent moment.


Today’s Knitting News
I am finishing the front of Maude today at lunch (about 10 short rows) and tonight will weave in the ends and block. Maude tank will be finished by the weekend and I can move onto Maude Shrug. I wore my red Gedifra belt with hipster jeans last weekend and loved it. In addition to finishing the blue belt, I want more. I used my digital camera at my LYS last time to snap the colors they had in stock for the purpose of showing them to potential customers. Now I am finding that it is great to look at the selections to plan for myself. Here are my choices. I like the black so I could put silver, gold or brass metal beads on the ends. Browns would be great, too, now that I have done color. Even though it is simple, I will put the pattern up as a pdf once I have several belts done to photograph.

posted by Nora | 11:51 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives