Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Thursday, May 15, 2003  


Introducing a Modern Twinset: Maude Tank & Shrug.



When I have the shrug on, the combo gives the impression of being one long-sleeve sweater. I think it is very modern looking. The shrug will also be great as a cool weather throw-on for plain colored tees this summer, especially with my perennial favorite, black.



I changed the color of the crocheted fringe around the neck and back from Merlot to Lichen. Merlot was the least used yarn in the stripes and I think it was selected to use up the ball. Lichen, the color that anchors the tank’s neck and sleeves, made a better shrug trim. I have a lot of yarn left, enough for 2 or 3 Vera Bags or maybe the Backpack if I re-arrange the colors for the intarsia.

Today’s Knitting News
I pulled out my All Season Cotton (ASC) last night and plan to cast on the back today or tonight. I still need to chart a row of hearts for the border and decide what row to start the Hello Kitty motif. The aqua color I am using for Hello Kitty’s dress will also be used in a matching Bucket O’Chic Hat (already cast on). ASC makes a perfect summer bucket hat , try it if you have an extra couple balls.



May2003.pdf

posted by Nora | 9:44 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives