Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, May 19, 2003  

Oh the Anxiety!

I could not find my yarn bobbins and did not have time to go buy more. In an act born of desperation, I made my own from cardboard . They worked well enough, although I need more practice at intarsia with multiple colors on one row (a two color sweater and stripes were cake-walks in comparison). There have been many moments of anxiety and panic this weekend with my cutting away the 15 rows of Hello Kitty to do it over again. Modifying the chart slightly for the bow also was tense. But all in all, it is done (nominal lumpiness) and I am satisfied.

Today’s Knitting News
Steamed Pagan a bit to take this photo as it is the curliest yarn I have used. The hearts look better in person and, yes, those are Mark’s and my initials. This week will be hectic as I fly off at 7:45 A.M. on Friday and have to be at the airport at 5:45. My to-do list is a mile long for lunch hours and evenings, so my knitting will suffer. I decided to still take Milano on vacation as the circular needles will be easier to deal with, I need an experience of knitting a sweater in the round and I am dying to use my new stitch markers. Pagan will be on hold until post-Colorado.

posted by Nora | 10:35 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives