Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, June 02, 2003  

I Wanna Be A Cowgirl



Colorado is the most beautiful place I have visited, with the possible exception of Maui, Hawaii and St. Lucia, West Indies. Mark and I visited Durango, Telluride (main street in photo above), Gunnison, Crested Butte, Ouray, and Silverton and each mountain was more majestic and beautiful than the last. We tried to drive to Aspen, but the snow had not melted on the pass even though most of our days hit 70°F. We had a blast horse back riding with the character below, Roudy who says, “Gentle horses for gentle people, Fast horses for fast people, And for people who don't like to ride, Horses that don't like to be rode.”



Today’s Knitting News
I also took a huge break from knitting last week, only working on the plane and over the weekend at home. Milano is so slow on #4 US that 20 rows (roughly 200 +/- stitches) took me 4 hours. I do like working a sweater in-the-round with only the knit stitch and no pearl! For instant gratification, I had to knock off an All Seasons Cotton Bucket O’Chic in aqua to match Pagan. Both are blocking and should be photo-ready tonight. No pics today, as my camera cable is still at home and I am, alas, back at work.

posted by Nora | 11:12 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives