Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, June 09, 2003  

Rowan Extravaganza

On E-Bay today, there are a multitude of Rowan magazines up for auction that include: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #8, #9, #10, #13, #16, #18, and #19. Some are priced well and some are going very high. I read one comment that said certain early Rowan magazines have sold for over $400.00 US! Since I splurged on my lucky #s 7 & 17, I probably will not win any of these auctions unless by fluke. I have not even bid (yet). My mags arrived Saturday and I am in love with 3 intarsia designs from #7. It would take me a while to afford/collect the necessary yarns. If you have been searching for a special volume, these issues appear in good shape with many coming from France.

Today’s Knitting News
Smooch’s back is finished. I started the front and hope to have Smooch wearable by the weekend. For those who inquired about availability of printed Rowan All Seasons, here is a color list and web addresses PrintedASC.pdf. I purchase mine at my LYS (no web site) and the patterned ASC costs slightly more than the plain. The colorway has knit up beautifully for the back, no pooling.


posted by Nora | 11:47 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives