Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Thursday, July 24, 2003  

Before


Thank you to Marta. She’s the devil for tempting me with the gorgeous fiber (when sending some reading materials). I am going to give in and give it a spin, just like she knew I would. It is amazing how much we can discern about each other’s personalities via the web. The boys thought it was a treat for them, but I quickly hid it away. So they spent the evening fighting over the box instead.

After

After Again


Today’s Knitting News
I continued working on Dune that is definitely going to work with me. I may also take my Rowan Cork hat and Mark’s birthday gift, a watch cap in black with a row of skulls around it. I had made him one from the book, Hip to Knit, but he did not like the style. It is not cool to fold it back to form a brim, the cap should be short enough to end above the brow without a fold. He even showed me a photo of a black with orange flame cap from the 2003-04 Harley Davidson catalogue of one with the correct proportions. Mark thinks all his biker friends would buy one. I plan to time how long it knits up although I would not use the cashmere-merino blend for his buddies. Mostly bachelors, they would need something washable.

I going away for work Friday to Tuesday; be back blogging on Wednesday, July 30th.

posted by Nora | 1:50 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives