Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, July 22, 2003  

Dune



Today’s Knitting News
I swatched another new yarn: Rowan Summer Tweed in a coral shade (not orange as the photo may seem). Since the gauge was perfect, I started the lace pattern on Dune from Rowan 33 (it does not show on the needles in the photo but should jump out once blocked). As I have 10 skeins, I also plan a little tank top for underneath thus creating another non-traditional twinset! This project will go slow as I am not expert in reading lace charts, preferring written knitting directions. I will probably write out the charts for Dune as there are four of them. I am still re-knitting Teva, the chunky tank.

As I head to Washington DC this Friday and onto Albany, NY (no blog 7/25, 7/28, & 7/29), I will need a travel project. Neither of these projects are plane-friendly as Teva will knit up too fast and Teva is too cumbersome. I need one that is just right so I will be stash diving this week.

posted by Nora | 2:13 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives