Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, July 01, 2003  

Very Vera


Here is the completed TGIF (so I can knit) project from last Friday: Mission Falls 1824 cotton Vera Bag. I crochet the straps yesterday. The crochet design elements on my summer knits are increasing my comprehension of crochet. I am ready to try a granny square (my primary crochet goal), if I could fit it in. I love this bag; it reminds me of the Sak bags, only much cheaper and way cooler. It also compliments Maude Tank. I would make it again and have fun with more stripes, other colors and even different yarns (1824 wool). It was perfect for instant gratification. I cannot wait for this Friday to get the feeling again.


Today’s Knitting News
I finished the back of Milano and half of the left front. It would be nice to have this tank ready to go for the weekend. I made a swatch for the Inca tank. The cotton knit up strange on size 15 US needles, although I think the “airiness’ is intentional. The pattern for the Inca tank is knit in the round from the top down and I do not feel like adjusting all the decreases to try a different gauge. I did not knit any of my Tuscany cardie-shrug. It feels good having several things happening again.

posted by Nora | 10:54 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives