Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, September 02, 2003  

Hanging Around


Bowie is sound asleep. How does he manage not to slide off? Speaking of hanging around, the Stitches East will be held Thursday, October 10th thru Sunday, October 5th at the Atlantic City Convention Center Sheraton. Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend. For more info about this show checkout: Knitting Universe.

If you are in the vicinity of Philadelphia, Rosie’s Yarn Cellar is sponsoring the 2nd Annual Philly Knit Out, an event created by the Craft Yarn Council of America to promote fiber arts. This year it is at the Philadelphia Art Alliance (251 S. 18th St.) on Sunday, September 21st from noon to 5p.m. For more info, contact Rosie’s.

Today’s Knitting News
I worked on Chaise over the weekend and have almost finished the front. On Saturday, I went to my LYS to pick up yarn for Mark’s flame cap (Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran) and buttons for Grace. Some other items followed me home (such as a book I will review later this week, a couple new clear plastic tote bags and Noro Kureyon, a yarn I had not previously tried).

The three skeins of wool were for my TGIF instant gratification project: Julie’s felted bag. The color is 92, a mix of pastels and brights, almost rainbow-like in appearance. It went through one wash cycle with jeans, but needs a couple more runs. Since I have a well, I tend to only wash one load a day, so it may take a few days to felt the bag. I already like the size and shape. The strap (5 stitch I-cord) turned out well. I hope blocking turns it into a nice squared tote. Stay tuned.

posted by Nora | 7:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives