Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, October 20, 2003  

Just waking up from napping, a sleepy-eyed Bowie.


Today’s Knitting News

I am still on a run with purchasing books – this one followed me home from Barnes & Noble (I used my sister’s 10% discount) and it is not an expensive book to start with! Debbie Stoller’s Stitch ‘n Bitch – The Knitter’s Handbook is half instruction and half patterns. The instruction is written in a fun, funky manner and was amusing to read just for the verbiage.

The patterns are quite modern. And for good reason! Many were done by knit bloggers, including the renowned Becky . A couple other blogs I have read in the past include: Melissa , Jenna and Annie. I plan to check them out again. Congrats to all on being published.

This weekend I finished knitting my 2nd Booga J bag. I was inspired by Meema’s Felted Marsupial Tote bag pattern in the new book and knit a little connecting pouch for Booga J. It is a little bigger than the original (to hold lipstick) and I added a buttonhole. The perfect wood button has been waiting for a place to nest. All I need to do is felt. Another slight change is making two I-cords for the handles instead of one and cutting it after felting. This bag will also have cute brass grommets.





I also finished Grace and wore her today to work with a paisley skirt! I will get a photo to post tomorrow. And my TGIF project was an Explosion scarf (a Christmas gift). It feels good to be back in the groove!!

posted by Nora | 10:42 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives