Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Friday, October 17, 2003  

Today’s Knitting News


I finished the collar of Grace, seamed the sleeves, seamed the first side and then tried to seam the second. To my dismay, I found I had knit the front right with 8 rows of rib not 4 like the front left and back piece. No way am I undoing a collar and frogging an entire front with buttonholes to correct those 4 stupid brain-dead rows.


Thanks to the help of Katharine Buss’s Big Book of Knitting (and a couple other references for more detail) inspiration struck – use the technique for lengthening/shortening a garment to change the stitches rather than the size! All I have left to do is use the graft stitch to “reknit” the two pieces back together and then I can seam and wear my new cardie!

posted by Nora | 10:59 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives