Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Wednesday, January 21, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

I have completed the first 24 rows of the back of Ava, enough to complete the intarsia portion. The colors are really subtle and pretty. This is my first time with Rowan Wool Cotton; it looks and feels rich. The only downside is using size #3 and #6 needles. So I will be switching off between Mark’s hooded sweatshirt (size 10 needles) and my cardie. This week I plan to start up TGIF (thank god it’s Friday) "so I can knit" again. This is when I switch gears from my ongoing projects to a small one, preferably that can be completed in one evening (Friday) or close to it.


Ava:

Yesterday, I picked up Debbie Bliss Merino DK in a chocolate brown and a fawn taupe to make Mark a skull cap with an iron cross for TGIF. I also cast on for a cap using my leftover Ara from my cardie – the Dale of Norway pattern book has a cap to felt! I had needed 16” #13 circulars for this. The Denise kit only goes from size 5 to 10.5 in several lengths.

While at my LYS, I brought jome the Winter 2003/2004 Vogue Knitting. Like many, I am inspired by the articles and knits, but very rarely use the patterns. Two brick red skeins of Lambs Pride followed me home for another felted bucket – I have worn my taupe bucket for two weeks with a brown coat and need to match a black coat. A pale cocoa shade of Gedrifra Wellness was on sale (only $3.75) that will be substituted for Rowan Cork in the pattern Reveal from #34. (I hope, it is slightly thicker so adjustments may be required...)

Reveal:

I joined the book club Crafter’s Choice because of the deal I obtained on five books: Weekend Knitting, Knitting with Beads, Simple Chic, The Mary Frances Knitting and Crocheting Book and The Green Mountain Spinnery Knitting Book. Can you guess how much with shipping and handling? It was a grand total of $26.95. A bargain, I think. And I have only one more purchase to go within a year.

posted by Nora | 4:57 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives