Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Friday, February 20, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

I went to a three-hour lecture yesterday for work and completed a second “Caterpillar” scarf for myself. Today is our jean day so I have it over a jean jacket and khakis feeling very young and funky. Last night I knit a black eyelash scarf that is a commission for a customer in Florida who saw my friend wear hers.



Ava’s front left is done (and back). I cast on for both sleeves, as I will be able to fly through them once the 20 rows of intarsia are done. Then the front right is all I need.

I also cast on my Magpie Tweed for a cardie called Ebony from Rowan #25. The back ribbing is very weird – on the last row of ribbing you make stitches between purl and knit stitches with no idea on which the make should be. This is a lead in for a cable. I had to frog once and sat for hours writing out three stinking rows to picture what is needed – no matter how many versions I tried, it just did not work. So no Magpie Tweed Project at the moment, but I am casting on a project – the sweater on the cover of Spring 2004 Interweave Knits. My Gedifra Wellness swatch that did not work for Reveal is a perfect substitute for Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky. Yippee.

My Ram Wools order of Paton yarn is on its way – it was back-ordered and they did not tell me. I emailed to ask where the heck it was; they gave me free postage as a result.

While in Pittsburgh yesterday, I went make-up shopping at Sephora for Nars. My credit card was declined!!! So I used my check card and called Capital One right away – I wanted to hit Ann Taylor. Here they had frozen my account because of activity in the UK. Hey, that is my yarn orders from Up Country and English Yarns! All is well now.

Am going to the LYS at lunch for additional Wellness and yarn for a hat/scarf commission. Dear God, please let me exercise restraint after my shopping spree yesterday! At Ann Taylor, I purchased a dress (a brown tweed wool shift with lining) and pair of boots (brown leather knee-highs with kitten heals) just to match this silly scarf I made.


Close-up of the Earth Tones:

posted by Nora | 10:21 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives