Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Wednesday, February 11, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

Worked on the hood last night – should finish Mark’s sweater tonight. I cannot wait to see him in it – it will match his blue eyes. No Rowan magazine last night. How can Leslie in Colorado have hers and I don’t? Coming from Europe, it had to fly right past Pittsburgh. Also, no Paton yarn. It looks like I will be casting on the Magpie Tweed instead.

I usually do not do these quizzes but one related to knitting cannot be passed by: What kind of yarn are you? by Quizilla. The funny part is I wanted to be cashmere – I took the test and wa-la:

"You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful people and you don't let anyone forget it!” Mostly me, except the beautiful part. Mark says I am an expensive wife -- ha! He has no idea as we keep our incomes/spending separate.

I finally ordered Charm Woven Labels that say “Hand Knit by Nora” – cool, huh? My motif is the ball of yarn and needle in blue and yellow. The first one will go in Mark’s sweater.

In addition to giving a hooded sweatshirt to him this Saturday, I also purchased a 4-cup coffee maker and a pound of Starbuck’s French roast. Mark goes there daily and the expense is ridiculous. Two weeks prepared coffees equal the cost of his package! He does not drink the office coffee as the pot is scary – this coffee maker will go right on his desk. I am taking him to dinner at a Middle Eastern restaurant in Pittsburgh – Ali Babas. Hummus, baba ganush, Lebonese (raw not baked) kibbe, Turkish coffee, baklava, yum! What do I get out of all this – well there is a suspicious little purple box with a white bow the size of a jewelry box on his dresser.

posted by Nora | 10:27 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives