Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, March 01, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

Does she or doesn’t she?

Simply Marilyn (Spring 2004 Interweave Knits) doesn’t have enough yarn to finish the neckline. My LYS does not open until Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. and the yarn was discontinued sale yarn. I am mentally prepared in the event there is no more. There are two options: make a furry band or a ruffled trim in place of the ribbed neck. I would use a contrasting color, like chocolate brown. I am open to opinions, other options and/or suggestions, just in case.

My TGIF project was a spring scarf ala (yes, horrors of knitting horrors) Daryl Hannah. A lightweight cotton confection, it will be perfect for those days when it is between 40 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit.



I feed the stash last week when my Paton yarn arrived for the cabled hoodie, which will be started probably next week. I also found some Rowan York DK Tweed for a cardie from Rowan #25. It is not on my list and will languish until next winter.



I had broke a Brittany needle (#& US 10”) over Christmas and although I bought a new set, later decided to see if the replacement policy was good. Although it took 4 to 6 weeks, here is the new needle. Clever packaging, an old paper towel rim.



I finished the intarsia part of Ava today at lunch on both sleeves. Now it will be smooth and hopefully quick knitting. Only the front right remains to be knit.



And last, but not least, I am excited to see the first issue of MagKnits has been published. It is a really great first effort and can only improve. Kerrie has done a wonderful job, as have all the contributors. We can NEVER have enough knitting publications. While all things may not appeal to all knitters, the more choices the better. And you might want to choose a perky Poppy pin by me! Yes, I am actually in there -- can't believe it myself.

posted by Nora | 1:43 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives