Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Wednesday, March 03, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

Thank you for the kind offers to help locate Marilyn’s yarn, especially Alissa who went above and beyond. A New Jersey yarn store, Yarn Crafters I found on-line is sending me plenty to finish. The funny thing is the sweater now costs more than if I had used the recommended yarn – I started with Wellness as it was in a sale bin. But I do like the color, texture and resulting fabric.

While I am waiting for Wellness, I plan to continue my Paton cabled hoodie in the evenings and Ava during lunches. Last night I worked on last Friday’s TGIF project, a scarf from Celebrity Knits. FYI, the yarns in the D.H. scarf are:
· Schulana Zigane (the yarn has ribbons that look like torn linen) in two colors (It is very Robert Cavelli looking – I would love a tank made of it.),
· Mission Falls 1824 Cotton,
· Rowan Cotton Tape,
· Adrienne Vittadini Samantha and
· Leftover Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.

I am really in the mood to cast on and finish the sleeves for Chaise – they may be this week’s TGIF project instead of a quickie knit. The body is seamed and finished, it just needs two ¾ sleeves. The weather is just right to start wearing this top.

In the last week, I received both the Spring 2004 Ram Wools and the 2004 Patternworks catalogues. There is an original design Textured Tee Shirt by Ram Wools that I like using Patons Grace, a 100% cotton. Patternworks has a nice inventory and a book I have not seen before: Norsk Strikkedesign by Margaretha Finseth with 24 patterns from Norwegian designers. Both are free, have glossy color pictures and can inspire your knitting.

As there are no new knitting photos, I will leave you with the boys taking a nap.

posted by Nora | 3:50 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives