Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, April 26, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News



I finished my Party Bag – here is the “before” shot. It went in with laundry last night to felt and is drying. The small loop called for an 8” “when-stretched” i-cord. I went an inch or so short as i-cords do not shrink up that much for me. Instincts should be followed – the small loop is still too long. I plan to cut it, re-sew and felt a little more on my next load of laundry. Stay tuned for the after photo this week. Plugged away at Foxy; I am on the armholes.

I head to the LYS tomorrow. An order for four scarves came in Saturday – Mother’s Day is approaching and our weather is so perfect for a light scarf (60 degrees---give or take ten). I also need yarn for my next (secret) MagKnits project. It is too early for the Rowan R2 collection to be in but I plan to reserve the pattern book. This collection looks very exciting as it is artsy rather than traditional. Basically I knit because I like one-of-a-kind garments. Even with knit-alongs, there is much personal interpretation, especially with yarn substitutes and even if the same approach is used, it is highly unlikely two of the same will ever show up at the same event, let alone in the same State.

Thank you for all the compliments on the Paton cabled hoodie. I have been wearing almost evening and all weekend – it is so comfy and matches everything. I want to dress it up for the office this week before it gets too hot.

posted by Nora | 5:24 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives