Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Friday, April 09, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

I have a thing for ponchos, capes, shrugs, capelets and whatnots. I have knit three so far and want many more. Every photo I see in a catalogue or magazine gets clipped and stored. When done right, these items can make a modern twinset, when paired with a shell or top. I am on several mailing lists from retailers to get inspiration (Saks 5th Avenue, Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azia, to name a couple). The best part of these emails is the color photos they include. Today this little swimsuit cover-up came to me.



It is a color I really like, but is hard to find in a yarn. I would describe it as an aqua, not too blue or too green. If I could find a yarn that is summery in this color…especially in a cotton blend (or linen or similar)…that would be great. And if only I were bathing suit ready like the model…that is another story.

It is TGIF and I may continue with my Paton project (or I may jump to a Bucket O’Chic that I have started for spring). Happy Easter!

posted by Nora | 4:16 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives