Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, May 25, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News



I seamed part of Iris to take a snap in the sun. The Rowan Calmer is actually black, but the sun bleaches the color, enough to see stitch detail. The other front is almost done, so I am guessing about another week for the sleeves which I will knit simultaneously. Iris is my lunchtime knitting. It is a small which should fit nice, but with no additional ease. Instead of the leather thong tie, I am thinking of a silky ribbon to tie. Or even 2 or 3 different ties depending on what it is partnered with – there is one eyelet on each point at the bust so I can very the look. Even add color in the tie! I plan to make another Iris, it is as close to a perfect pattern as you get. For me it makes a modern twinset, it covers without being too hot for summer, and the pattern is well-written. Plus I feel in love with the Calmer, try it, you will like it!

Ingeborg Update
Ingeborg is my evening knitting. I added six rows last night which was the stripes of pattern B. My next knitting session will be the start of the major patterning.

Miscellaneous
Knitting is slowing slightly as gardening is in full swing. Last weekend, I replaced a pink rose bush in a pot, hung a fuschia for the hummingbirds, added lettuce, sage, Italian parsley, lemon verbena, lemon thyme and four types of tomatoes to the kitchen garden. There is already rosemary, parsley, lemon balm, mint, catnip, chives, mesclun and basil started, the perennials wintered over in a cold frame. I still need tarragon, which I love in butter over a steak.

posted by Nora | 1:21 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives