Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, May 17, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

In Nashville, I found the nicest LYS, Angel Hair Yarn Co. ! You have to love a yarn store that has a banner outside with “SALE”! They are in the process of moving to a larger space. They had a well-rounded selection and great customer service. This is the first shop that has wound my skein for me! Without asking!



This is the skein of Colinette Tagliatelli in Fire knit into a poncho on new size #35 needles. My hands hurt knitting with these new wood stakes. But I love my poncho and wore it to dinner on Saturday – I will probably wear it to work Friday and model it in a snapshot. I made the pattern up as I went along and only had to frog three or four rows to correct.

I also purchased Rowan’s Denim People and five black skeins of Rowan Calmer to make Isis (a cardie-shrug from Rowan #35).



Nashville was very nice, except for the country music (I am not a fan). My favorite event was dinner at Author’s, located at the Wyndham Union Station, a first-class, landmark hotel in downtown. The building was opened in 1900 as a passenger train station and is filled with architecture and mementos of that era. The 65 foot barrel-vaulted Tiffany stained glass ceiling is beyond description, as were the large windows in Author’s.

The seven course meal was excellent, as was the service. I loved the bananas foster prepared at the table; along with the specialty coffee that was infused cognac pored over a clove-studded orange peel. I am surprised Dino, our waiter, had any hair left, let alone feeling in his hand. The flames were a foot high! At the end, he presented each lady with a rose. Definitely a great night.

Tomorrow I will show you my finished Foxy! I added the neck and armhole trim over the weekend and it is blocking. This means I can cast on for Ingeborg! My hands are also itching to try the Calmer as many bloggers have raved about the good feelings it sends! I may do both since I like the idea of being several steps behind on Ingeborg. It allows others to disseminate the pattern for me and I feel no pressure to be the first to the finish line. After all, this sweater will not likely grace my body before October…so why rush?

posted by Nora | 11:57 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives