Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Friday, May 21, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News



It is still a poncho thing with me. You know it is a popular trend when displays at the local mall are sporting ponchos. I saw the Banana Republic orange/brown/natural poncho I showed in a photo last week. Yesterday, I spent time looking at Suss Designs which have some really interesting knits. There are more throughout the ready-to-wear as well as in patterns/kits.

I am looking forward to reading this book, Hello Kitty : The Remarkable Story of Sanrio and the Billion Dollar Feline Phenomenon . This book explains how Sanrio, the company behind Hello Kitty, turned a cute cartoon cat into a multi-billion dollar global commodity such in the manner of Disney’s Mickey Mouse.

posted by Nora | 4:14 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives