Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Thursday, July 01, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

Front:

Back:


Here is a photo of Ingeborg – she is sooo pretty. The hem is completed and she has been steamed. I need to do block her more to get her to the correct dimensions. The Fair Isle initially seems tight although there is plenty of give when she stretches out. Now I understand why there are blocking boards in the shape of a sweater for Fair Isle knits (I do not know the proper name of this apparatus).


This is the system I use to knit Ingeborg -- a magnetic board with a copy of the chart. Each completed row gets highlighted and the current row is the white row below the magnets. I usually cannot wear rings when knitting; they slow me down. I have started the lace portion of Ingeborg and keep it in my handbag, just in case I get a minute or two -- I have the lace pattern on a small card.

My company celebrates its 25th birthday today. We (employees) will be on the Keystone Bell of the Gateway Clipper fleet for dinner and dancing. These party boats go up and down our three rivers. The city looks amazing from this view at night.

posted by Nora | 1:43 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives