Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Wednesday, August 04, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

Here is a list of topics I will be blogging about this week:
• My trip to Sheep Fest! – see Monday, August 2nd
• My first drop spindle experience! – see Tuesday, August 3rd
• New tattoos (Mark & me)
• Making stitch holders
• And what I have been knitting and spinning!

No knitting content today – I have been working on a MagKnits project (can not be shared here). And I finished the front of a Rowan “Paper” tank top but need to press it before I photograph it. Look tomorrow for knitting content.



I snapped shots of Mark’s tats this morning. The dragon came from a broach I have of the English dragon emblem of St. Mark. He had it re-outlined in black. The hieroglyphics were enhanced with a cartouche and is still healing.

My dragonfly is at the stage of healing where it is shedding. I will wait a couple of days to photograph it and the other. I was asked if it hurt and overall, no, just uncomfortable. My tattoo artist, Chris the owner of American Tattoo in Verona, PA, used a topical Novocain to numb the area. He is very safe, being trained on cross-contamination and blood borne pathogens. Currently he is working with the PA Dept. of Health to model up-to-date practices for OSHA, the two governing agencies for the Ink & Piercing Industry.

Since we both work in professional positions (management), the tats are in discrete places. Marks are on his upper arms and visible only in a tank or bare-chested. Mine are on my hip and bottom of my back. The lady bug is on the top of my foot, generally covered by shoes and if visible, it is about the size of a nickel.

posted by Nora | 12:30 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives