Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Wednesday, September 01, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

At lunch I beaded two bookmarkers instead of knitting (well, I did knit 2 rows on the leafy shawl). My assistant, Alison, brought in her beads for me to use as I had mentioned I wanted to make bookmarks. I loved the letter beads and did a long one to use with knitting books saying appropriately, “KNIT BY NORA”! The other is a woodsy theme (acorn, leaf, wood beads) in a length for paperbacks. First stitch markers, then bookmarks. Is this becoming ...a hobby...? Stay tuned.

Tonight is CranKnitters at Barnes & Noble from 7 to 10 p.m. – my 2nd time at a Stitch & Bitch! I am looking forward to it.

Did you know? The retail store of Ann Taylor celebrates the brand’s 50th anniversary this year. They are re-launching the 1954 signature shirt dress (updated, off course). I love to wear shirt dresses to work in the summer since they are businessy, but cool. It is hard to find nice lightweight – none-beachy, non-yuppy shirt dress. My favorite is black with taupe and burgundy pin stripes (A.T. Loft). Today I have on a taupe s.d. with black toile from Talbots.

posted by Nora | 2:16 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives