Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Thursday, September 23, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News


Here are the two finished Harry Potter scarves. Now that I have finished them, I found a Prisoner of Azkaban Hogwarts scarf knitalong. Apparently this scarf is different than those I made (based on Sorcerer's Stone/Chamber of Secrets scarves). Instead of even-length stripes, they have a light-on-dark trapped bar design and instead of alternating tassels, they have short, dark fringe. I kind of like these. I bought some nice yarn to make myself one for winter. The two I sold are acrylic so that they can be kid wash/dry/wear. You will see I added each child’s initials. I did not want them to argue over which scarf belonged to who although I used two different brands of the yellow yarn (Plymouth and Lions Brand).

This is the first of my Christmas gift scarves. The yarn is black with bright specks – a wool/acrylic blend --meant for utility rather than pretty.

Finally, my sweet Bowie munching his personal stash. I have a garden full of cat nip and bring in one pot at a time. When it is destroyed, I pot up a new one. I’ll be back next Tuesday. I am off tomorrow (I plan to KoolAid dye some Colinette 5 Point) and work in Cleveland, Ohio on Monday. I plan to stop at a new LSY called Susan Yarns which looks like it has spinning stuff in addition to knitting. I have decided that weaving is my next calling…may be they will have a starter loom. I am looking for something that can do a piece up to 90 inches long and about 24 inches wide, give or take on width.

posted by Nora | 3:42 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives