Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, September 14, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

My leafy shawl (Fiber Trends pattern) is done! It took four skeins of Koigu Kersti and was knit on 10 ½ US circular needles. Using stitch markers to note the center was key, as was charting the pattern repeats in Excel. I am NOT a person who can follow a chart for lace, I want the knitting abbreviations for each row!

I have it on today over a short sleeve navy silk dress and it makes a perfect topper for the office air conditioning. I will try to get a photo of it modeled tonight! I really like it and cannot wait until January to start my Charlotte. I had purchased a book, Folk Shawls, and anticipate making more to toss over my shoulders year round. Funny thing is that these shawls take more yarn than you think. The least in my book is around 600 yards and most are at least 1000. That is enough for a sweater or top!

I worked on the H.P. scarf and have 5 out of 19 stripes completed. I just want to finish this so I can move onto Christmas knitting. This weekend, I began my to-knit list. At this time I have a poncho, a cap, four scarves, one coin purse and a pillow on it. Staying focused on gift knitting, not personal knitting will be a humungous challenge. I need to stick to the allowable list I made up last week (which was the shawl, Ava and Ingeborg). I also want to keep spinning. Not enough time---wish money could buy time……

posted by Nora | 1:56 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives