Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Thursday, October 07, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News
Last night was my 2nd time at CranKnitters Stitch ‘n Bitch. We are so in synch personality-wise; we are adding another night in the month (now the 1st Wednesday and the 3rd Tuesday).

This is Jane, our “founding knitter”, modeling her poncho that was just a ball of yarn a month ago. The hot part is the metallic sparkle in the yarn. I remembered my camera and took pictures of all those in attendance. It reminded me a lot of 4th grade, which was a good year for me even though I was transferred into a home room of kids that I had not met in the first three grades. We had show and tell once a week.

Lisa completed her first cable last night; do you remember that ah-ha feeling? Lynn is working away at a cat bed (the yarn is fit for Cleopatra’s royal cat). Jane had a ball of stuff that looked like gems. Mary Lynn started an afghan (currently sized for Barbara) but she was NOT knitting!!! No, she was crocheting, but that is okay because she is going to get me through my granny squares. Nicole was working a washcloth in moss stitch and telling us washcloth horror stories. Barb showed off a new hand bag that you can see in the photo. Barb tried to cast on but her circulars were to long so she worked a lace block. And of course we all had a 2nd, 3rd or 4th project except Nicole who did not know it was okay to start another before you finish the current. Yes, we turned her.

Monday’s Knitting News

After working Monday in Mercerville, New Jersey, my colleague, Barbara, took me to a new yarn store, The Woolly Lamb (in Pennington, NJ).

While I was still making my mind up about Colinette yarns to make a shawl/throw, she found more yarn and went back to the register a 2nd time. Usually, that is my problem. The Woolly Lamb was one of the best…cute, tons of inventory, comfortable space, lots of natural light, pleasant staff, etc. We both found yarn to adopt.

posted by Nora | 2:32 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives