Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, November 08, 2004  

Today’s Knitting News

Blogger was down at the end of last week (the server hardware crashed) so I was unable to post. This Christmas I am giving my mother, sisters: Colleen and Kitty, Colleen’s mother-in-law and my niece Bonnie (Kitty’s daughter) scarves made from the same yarn with different patterns/styles. I am also making myself one.

I have three completed, will probably finish #4 tonight and started #5. The yarn was given to me by Colleen. It is Tivoli Wool Blend aran, machine washable (20% wool, 80% acrylic). It is black with bright little flaks in green, red, yellow and blue. At least one I have combined with yellow left from the H.P. scarf in a combo worthy of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The yarn does not photograph well as the stitch definition is totally lost but you will get the idea.

Here is the Christmas 2004 collection:
#1 Cast on about 200 stitches and cut yarn at each end for fringe; knit until desired width (my own interpretation of a common pattern)
#2 Soho Scarf from Exquisite Little Knits
#3 Demi Deux’s Neck Warmer from Simple Chic (not shown)
#4 In progress Completed last night – Tippet from Simple Chic
#5 In progress Frogged as yarn did not suit pattern – Diagonal Block Scarf from Vogue Knitting on the go Scarves
#6 Under consideration

posted by Nora | 11:10 AM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives