Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Wednesday, January 12, 2005  

Today’s Knitting News

Soon after Dad gave me the spinning wheel that had belonged to his grandmother, my mom gave me a drop leaf desk that belonged to her grandmother (my great). Mom lived with her grandmother during the depression. There was a sign at the railroad by her house that a kind lady lived there. She feed many drifters peanut butter sandwiches with a glass of milk.

Instead of purchasing this desk, my great grandmother traded a lamp and another piece of furniture for it. It sat by my Dad’s reclining chair all of my life and was not used as a desk. Here you can see inside, I stash all of my stationary, gift tags, tablets and miscellaneous fun stuff. The drawers contain most of my knitting magazines. I have a chair to go with it that has a crewel work seat done by my great-aunt Esther who lived in Oklahoma during the depression. My mom lived with her for a while as a child, also. The chair was Dad’s as a child and he cut out some of the rungs on the back. I will show it soon; I would like to clean the embroidery and wood.

I have been knitting and have a couple of finished objects. For now something very small. This bracelet is an i-cord of a metallic yarn. The heart charm and closure are from Michaels. It is dressy and sweet.

posted by Nora | 1:49 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives