Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, February 22, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News
A first in my blog history, Tara tagged me for one of these survey thing-a-ma-jigs…on a topic that is quite easy for me…music. Why easy? I am totally a visual and tactile learner. Audio does not cut it with me --- translation: I do not listen well (unless I make a point of doing so).

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
Zero, zilch, nada…

2. The last CD you bought was:
I don’t buy, I just listen to Marks CDs.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
Not a clue; I usually listen to talk radio on my way to work (Quinn and Rose at the warroom.com)

4. Write down 5 songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
The song that makes me emotional is “our song” the Rolling Stones Wild Horses (lyrics below). We also played Billy Idol’s White Wedding when we were married. On the other hand, Barry Whites Love Collection is great to make out to. On the wild side, Nine Inch Nails has a song, “I want to **** you like an animal” that gets us going… Do you see a theme here? Other than romance, I like anything I can groove to on a dance floor (no specific titles).

Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady you know who I am
You know I can’t let you slide through my hands

Wild horses couldn’t drag me away
Wild, wild horses, couldn’t drag me away

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Wild horses couldn’t drag me away
Wild, wild horses, couldn’t drag me away

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
I have my freedom but I don’t have much time
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let’s do some living after we die

Wild horses couldn’t drag me away
Wild, wild horses, we’ll ride them some day

Wild horses couldn’t drag me away
Wild, wild horses, we’ll ride them some day





A bit of knitting content while I am here…I finished another bag to felt and cast on the next one. On Sunday, I gave my sister her Einstein one month and one day early ‘cause she needed a pick-me-up. It fit her like a dream, the color was great on her and best of all, and she loved it! Colleen put it on right away and wore it all day, then wore it to work yesterday.

I have to torture tag three people who are: Jane, Karen and ??? I have to think about the last one... Have fun, ladies.

posted by Nora | 4:36 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives