Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Friday, March 11, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News

Bowie was very naughtly this morning, but was forgiven as he looks so cute.

I did not wear Louis today as I want to save her for a Saturday night dinner date. Bowie wanted to try her on as he looks good in blue. I omitted the elbows of denim after machine sewing them before construction and trying to machine and hand sew them after finishing. The issue is that the knit sleeve gives and the denim does not. Not an issue on a cuff but at a key spot like the elbow, I just did not like the final effect. And the shape of the entire sweater is so cute, I do not want to add pockets or patches for the sake of using my scrape jeans.

Last night I frogged a shawl I knit in the last week or so. The yarn did not drape well; actually it was stiff as a board. Not worth going into. I also frogged a purchased mohair sweater – it was about 20 dollars years ago (like the late 80s or early 90s). It was too prissy so now I plan to make a shawl/throw of the creamy-colored yarn. Have a great weekend, it has turned to winter here in PA.

posted by Nora | 4:12 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives