Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, March 01, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News

This pencil roving is as soft as cashmere and the color rich as a café latte. I feel that alpaca is becoming my favorite fiber. I am anxious to see how many yards I will spin from 200 yards of the roving – I wonder if there is a formula for calculating this?

As I mentioned, I have knit for myself and others but never has anyone knit for me. This week, I received two hand knit gifts! One is from a co-worker and friend of six plus years and the other from a newer friend of less than six months. I will always treasure both items:
A scarf of hand dyed yarn.

A book mark of beautiful alpaca in the sweetest lace pattern (an idea I may duplicate for gifts I give).

posted by Nora | 5:05 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives