Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, April 04, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News

Snow today, gone tomorrow. Ebony is blocking as I write and I hope to start finishing her tonight. Ava is still holding for a stupid $#%$ twisted cord.

I embarked on my first project in crochet and am making a free form scarf. You see the first two completed flowers and the start of a leaf. I will make about 3 or 4 dozen of the critters known as “scrumbles”.

I would like to know how the variety of crochet forms came to be called scrumbles. I could think of a few better names…in any case, if you are interested, I highly recommend goggling “free form crochet” or scrumbles.

Today is the first day of our company 10K-a-day walking program. It is 2:00 p.m. and I have….a whooping 505 steps. Chained to a desk, this is as good as it gets so I definitely need to “work up” to the goal.

BTW: Does anyone shop at Yarns International in Bethesda, Maryland? I have $11 in “Bonus Bucks” that I cannot use as I am unlikely to return there this year. Send me an email if you are interested in these redeemable coupons.

posted by Nora | 4:24 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives