Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, May 17, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News

This is a snapshot of what appears to be a pot holder but is actually a crochet hook holder! It really keeps my hooks in place. I plan to ask Karen (are you reading?) for the pattern. There are a bunch of hookers crocheters in my S & B that might like one.

Other fiber fun – I had my first spinning lesson on Saturday and produced my first wheel-spun yarn. I am very happy with the outcome. I ran into my office and talked to a couple of the Saturday CSRs. One thought I meant with bicycles not a wheel. I had the most wonderful time and tried a total of four spinning wheel -- Ashford Traditional, Ashford Traveler, Ashford Joy and another upright.

The only single treadle was the traditional. I started on that one as the two foot thing was distracting but I ended up on the double treadle Ashford Traveler (which is the one I want). Sandy of Yarns Unlimited taught the class and she was very good at the spinning and the teaching. There were three students, one of which brought her own wheel.

posted by Nora | 4:39 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives