Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, June 07, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News

I completed my third and final spinning class on Saturday. This is my teacher, Sandy, demonstrating how to ply yarn. We each took a turn and I did well. Two ply on the wheel is easier than one ply. The difficult part is the math that comes before. Sandy had done the math so all I had to do was count to six, let the wheel draw in the 2-ply and draw out another length. Next time, I will have to calculate the count myself.

I feel in love with some of Sandy’s homespun, especially this Wensleydale. It was a shiny, lofty but heavy fiber. Plus the colors were great. I have already ordered some Wensleydale roving from E-bay.

One of the girls at Yarns Unlimited kool-aid dyed the roving used in class. Her eye for color is terrific, so I plan to use this photo for color inspiration!

posted by Nora | 4:49 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives