Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, June 13, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News



Last Saturday I brought home my Ashford Traveller---in the box---in pieces. Lucky for me Mick helped (he really wanted to customize the spokes of the wheel with teeth marks) and Bowie supervised.


Mick thinks it is a big toy that moves and can be batted with his paw. That night Mark opened a bottle of New Zealand white wine to help me celebrate the arrival of my wheel; yet to be named. I wonder if anyone else has been moved to name his/her spinning wheel?

In any case, I put the wheel together myself. Mark was itching to help, but I felt it was very important that I know the wheel intimately. I must say she spins very smoothly. My hard wood floors gave me a problem with sliding, but a rug stabilized the legs. For now, it is all about the spinning...

posted by Nora | 10:51 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives