Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, July 12, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News

I have the tune to the “Spinning Wheel” song by Blood, Sweat and Tears in my head, especially, “Spinnin’ wheel got to go ‘round.” All I did last night was spin. At least I knit a little at lunch.

What goes up must come down
Spinnin' wheel got to go 'round
Talkin' 'bout your troubles it's a cryin' sin
Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel spin

You got no money and you got no home
Spinnin' wheel all alone
Talkin' 'bout your troubles and you never learn
Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel turn

Did you find the directing sign on the
Straight and narrow highway
Would you mind a reflecting sign
Just let it shine within your mind
And show you the colors that are real

Someone is waiting just for you
Spinnin' wheel, spinnin' true

This is my One Skein Wonder made of Stahl Wolle’s Landgraf HomeSpun in a color they named grapefruit (more like the inside of a grapefruit than the skin). I was going to make the Spider Capelet from Stitch n Bitch Nation (cause Jane’s was sooo nice), but I temporarily changed my mind. If I do not like the OSW, I plan to frog it and made SC. Yes there are two skeins there, but they were on sale for five bucks each.

What is this stuff for? I asked my spinning group at Yahoo how to make a beaded orifice hook and had many nice responses. I have wanted my own pliers and wire cutters---instead of using Mark’s dirty garage ones. While I was hoping for pink (just so he would leave them alone), I found this nice kit in the beading section of JoAnnes. The Agate beads and copper wire are for my orifice. Stay tuned

The pink kitchen cotton is for heart shaped dishcloths/washcloth and the blue was on sale (two for less than the one pink). There is a crochet market bag on the blue label that I want to make.

posted by Nora | 12:56 PM
Comments:
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a free internetvendor site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees
 
Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives