Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, October 04, 2005  

Today’s Fiber News

My friend Jane and I opened a cottage based industry---selling knitted (and some crochet) goods. Our wares are a combo of items that were not as expected (for ourselves/family/friends) with the belief that someone, somewhere will be the perfect mate and odd balls that we have in our stash, living a new life….mostly as felted bags.

A couple of our friends lent us inventory to fill out our booth. Today, Jane is looking at retail space! Like her husband states…we have not written our business plan yet! Besides…we both have full-time endeavors, so this is just a little dreaming. Although, we have a plan about working with a local coffee franchise (no details for now!) Anyhow, now that AppleFest is over, I can have a life…and get back to important knitting for me.




These are snapshots of the craziness at our booth.

ps Thanks for all the comments of late; I have really enjoyed many of the remarks, especially about bald men. Forgive my lack of personal responses -- I am working 50 plus hours a week at my office plus the 2 knitwits. Right now, I feel half witted.

posted by Nora | 3:55 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives