Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, January 24, 2006  

Today’s Fiber News

I completed my stash inventory for the year to access my situation. Unlike those who calculate yardage; I prefer by Project. I did not count my leftover yarn from previous projects; just brand, new yarn.

And I might have missed a couple hidden away in places I forgot. I do that with chocolate also. It was great to find one perfect square of orange citrus dark chocolate last night in a drawer of cooking magazines between the diet mags.

Without counting my homespun, I have yarn to complete 64 projects. Well, may be 63, because I will finish the sleeves for my Tess Cardigan this week (Rowan #30, made of Yorkshire Tweed in a lovely dark red) and can take that one off the list. This is the list.

At least 36 yarn packets are for tops (cardies, tanks, pullovers). And there are about 6 serious shawls (Charlottes Web, Ene’s Scarf/Shawl, Folk Shawl and others). So only about 22 are minor projects or, that is, accessories. I must stop buying yarn and just knit; right?

posted by Nora | 1:47 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives