Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Friday, March 31, 2006  

Today’s Fiber News

Oops, I did it again. I swatched again, then I cast on another project. It started with a mail order catalog. And a cozy spring shrug…that cost $98 for solid and $118 for variegated. Now…I’m not buying when I can knit!

Since I am making an effort to “shop” my extensive stash, I found this nice cotton yarn on a cone…at least it feels soft and cottony. I do not know the brand or yarn name or content or anything. This came through a trade years ago and has been simmering, waiting for the perfect project. The subdued purple yarn has a cotton thread around it in shades of green, yellow, purple and pink. It runs thick and thin, but not dramatically so. In any case, I got gauge for this pattern which looks similar in shape to the desired shrug. And I off I knit!

posted by Nora | 12:22 PM
Comments:
hey Nora,
thanks for doing my legwork. I have the same catalog and have been thinking the same thoughts...but haven't had the time to get around to looking for a pattern that I could use or modify. I'm going to swatch it tonight!!
Cathy
 
Ooo. Purple goodness!
 
Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives