Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, June 27, 2006  

Today's Fiber News

I am reducing my stash!!! Before turning to E-Bay, I will give you a chance to purchase first!

First I will show you the yarn with details. In a couple of instances, I will include a pattern that I intended to knit, free of charge.

Shipping is included in the price!!! These are real deals! Everything is a minimum of 50% off or MORE! *Discontinued by manufacturer, although may still be available via retailers/web.


SOLDManufacturer: Peruvian Collection (Elann.com)
Yarn: 12 balls of Highland Wool in Ink (Navy)


Details: Worsted Weight – 100% wool made in Peru, 50 g (1.75 oz.) / 70 m. (76 yards)
Gauge: 15-16 sts. = 4 inches/10 cm
Needles: US 10 (6 mm)
Price: 12 balls = $17.00 includes shipping (Originally $2.25 per ball/$27 for 12)

SOLDManufacturer: Sirdar
Yarn: 10 balls of Legend DK Yarn in Duck Egg (a pale aqua)


Details: DK Weight – 55% wool/25% acrylic/20% nylon, 1.75 oz. (50 g) / 132 yds (120 m) per ball, on a needle
Gauge: 5 ½ sts. = 1”/2.5 cm
Needles: #6 US (4 mm)
Price: 10 balls = $25.00 includes shipping (Originally $4.50 per ball / $45. 00 total)

SOLDManufacturer: Phildar
Yarn: Onde*in 4 balls of Volcan (hot pink and bright orange) and 1 ball of Capucine (bright orange)


Details: DK Weight -- 82% acrylic/13% cotton/5% polyester, Volcan = 100 g (3.52 oz) / 224 m (244 yds.). Capucine = 50 g (1.76 oz.) / 112 m. (122 yds.)
Gauge: 22 sts. x 33 rws = 4”/10 cm
Needles: #5-6 US (3-3.5 mm)
Price: 5 balls = $25. 00 including shipping. (Originally 4 x 9.65 + 1 x 4.85 = $43.68)

Manufacturer: Gedifra
Yarn: 2 balls of Costa Rica* in Orange-Charcoal-Gold


Details: Worsted Weight – 100% nylon
Gauge: 8 sts. per 4 inches
Needles: #15 US (10 mm)
Price: 2 skeins = $15. 00 including shipping (Originally $28.00 for 2 skeins)
**Will Include Free Poncho/Shawl Pattern!

SOLDManufacturer: Frog Tree
Yarn: Chunky Alpaca in tan (2 balls) and ivory (2 balls) – really soft!!!


Details: Chunky Weight, 100 % alpaca from Bolivia, 1.75 oz / 54 yds.
Gauge: 4 sts. = 1”/2.5 cm
Needles: #10 US
Price: 4 balls = $15. 00 including shipping (originally $6.00 each/ $24 for four)
**Will Include Free Knitty Intarsia Hat Pattern!


SOLD Manufacturer: Knit Picks
Yarn: Shimmer in Flower Garden (pinks)


Details: Lace Weight, 70% baby alpaca, 30% silk, 440 yards/50 grams per hank
Gauge: not available
Needles: #4 US (for selected pattern)
Price: 3 skeins (wound into balls already) = $10. 00 including shipping. (Originally $4.99 per ball/ total $14.97)
**Will include the free Knit Picks pattern for the Candle Lit Shawl (I planned to make a shawl, but already have Birch in bright pink and yarn for Charlotte in mixed pinks. Do not need a 3rd pink shawl!)

SOLDManufacturer: Schoeller Stahl
Yarn: 10 balls of Bandolino* in Ocean Blue


Details: Worsted Weight in 51% cotton/49% acrylic, 50g (1.75 oz.) / 110 m (120 yds.)
Gauge: 18 sts. x 25 rows
Needles: #7-8 US
Price: $17.50 (Originally $2.75 ball / total $27.50)

Now that you've seen the goods, here are the rules:
1. If you are interested, please send an me an email. My address is on the right side bar.

2. Payment is by PayPal. Do not send me payment until I have sent you an invoice.

3. Once I accept your offer, you have 48 hours to PayPal me. If you do not do so, the yarn goes to the next taker.

4. Prices are for USPS priority mail shipping 2 to 3 day service to most domestic destinations) in the US and Canada only. Sorry, I'm not shipping internationally.

5. I am not responsible for loss. I will insure your package, at an additional cost to you.

6. As a general rule, sales are on a first-come, first-served basis, but I reserve the right to sell to whomever I wish. I will continue to take offers until I receive payment, so don't be alarmed if your yarn doesn't immediately show up as "sold".

7. All yarns of the same type are from the same lot and have been well taken care of in a non-smoking home. We have cats. While I do not allow Mick and Bowie to roll in my stash, you may find the stray pet hair.

8. No returns, no refunds. If you have questions before you buy, contact me, so you can make an informed purchase.

9. Prices are non-negotiable. But once on E-Bay the cost may be more!

I have three more yarns to add tomorrow:
1. Manufacturer: Habu Textiles
Yarn: 2/48 merino wool in medium gray
2. Manufacturer: Brown Sheep Company
Yarn: Naturespun Wool in Pale Pink
3. Manufacturer: Rowan (Originally a kit for a runner)
Yarn: Linen Drape* in navy and blue-gray

posted by Nora | 3:35 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives