Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, August 01, 2006  

Today’s Fiber News

Pattern: Flower Basket – original from Interweave Knits Fall 2003
Yarn: Briar Rose Fibers Lace Weight (used as single strand)
Content: 50% merino wool / 50% tencel
Color: Sea Pearl
Yardage: 500 yds per skein
Cost: $26.56
My needle size: #10 1/2 (recommended for yarn is #6; to get gauge for pattern which called for alpaca lace weight doubled, I went up from the recommended needle size)
Start date: July 10, 2006
Completion date: July 27, 2006

I loved this pattern and am extremely happy with the result, so much so, I would consider knitting this pattern again. Even though I swatched, I worried about my needle size with this yarn. Now I am thrilled with the open lacey look, especially in these fibers which are great for summer. The tencel gives it a little shine, but the merino gives it a natural softness. This pattern was as enjoyable as Rowan’s Birch in KidSilk Haze, my favorite cold weather shawl. This is my new favorite warm weather shawl.

posted by Nora | 3:57 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives