Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Tuesday, September 05, 2006  

Today’s Fiber News

I finished another Weaver’s Mini Shawl with Connie’s edging this weekend. No photo as of yet. I like the way the variegated yarn (Wool in the Wood’s Miss Mohair) worked on this one…in pools rather than stripes. I wore it on a walk yesterday. With the shaping, it stayed on the shoulders without a pin and any fuss. It is my first shawl that does that…a Faroese-shape rather than triangle.

So I cast on some Lorna’s Lace Helen’s Lace for the Litla Dimun Shawl from Folk Shawls (color: Berries which is red, burgundy, blue, purple). No photo. The colors are very similar to the Weavers but the yarns are polar opposites. (From number 10 ½ to 6 needles and from fuzzy wuzzy mohair to dental floss.)

I frogged half of the Landscape Shawl. When I put it on a longer circular and really looked at it, I found my tweaking to get the right number of stitches had thrown off the stockinette “v” section. Of five sections, I had one to go…now I am back to two down; three to go. No photo here either. One word about this wool and possum blend. Possum, does not so much shed as it flakes. If it were not for the wonderful colors...well, I might have abandoned it. A very good first wash will hopefully rid it of the short possumy fibers.


All I have to show you is my lunch time knitting, the first sleeve for Ingeborg. It should be finished for Christmas if I knit 6 rounds a week (I know not ambitious…I could do 6 rounds a day). I did not include finishing in my calculations but the holidays are still a reasonable goal. I am enjoying doing the Fair Isle knitting again. Especially since it is at a desk…under good light…Alone!

posted by Nora | 3:44 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives