Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Monday, November 20, 2006  

Today’s Fiber News


I have been busy knitting and spinning...so blogging has fallen off my radar. I will try to catch up this week or next. I have finished another cap; another weaver's mini shawl; am almost done knitting Ingeborg; started an Intarsia cardie from A Season's Tale and am eye balling many more projects.

This is a 85% merino, 15% silk mix, 2-plied yarn. I do not have the source information with me, I know the hand-dyed roving came from Nova Scotia…I also have not measured the wraps per inch but I wanted lace weight and think I have hit it. It will be awhile until I have enough for a shawl…since I am drop spinning. I am serious thinking about a lace flyer for my Ashford Traveler as a Christmas present to me.

I am also drop spinning some silk lace; it is even more incredible. I cannot wait to have one or the other done and knit a shawl with my own yarn. Up to now, I have spun mostly worsted or thicker. One of my yarns was close to sport weight.

posted by Nora | 5:09 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives