Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Friday, January 19, 2007  

Today’s Fiber News Introducing Ingeborg by Dale of Norway in Daletta Yarn

I am so behind in blogging my FOs...I already have two FOs for 2007 (Wool Peddlers Shawl and a bulky hat for me); let alone the items I finished at the end of 2006. This one is worth a mention, Ingeborg. It came out perfect and I finished it between Christmas and New Years while on vacation.

The pattern was flawless and the fit is perfect. This is the pinnacle of my knitting career, to date. It is the most complicated piece, even fingering weight lace shawls do not compare (unless I do a wedding ring shawl that takes like 3,000 yards of yarn). The steeking was no problem and I really like the facings it creates. The inside of the sweater is as pretty and neat as the outside. Originally I worried about it not fitting (it is an extra small), but the proportions are perfect (chest, arms, length, everything to measure). I really love how warm it is in this cold weather. I think that is why Dale of Norway is perfect for skiers. The Fair Isle stranding adds not only thickness, but warmth. I already bought more yarn for my next D of N.

I am wearing it with a silk thermal undershirt and black jeans for dress down Friday at work. My friends, family and I have been looking for black velvet jeans for dressing it up but none are to be found post-holidays. I have black patent leather boots to dress it up and picture something sheery and silkier underneath. This sweater will get so much wear!

posted by Nora | 4:35 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives