Knit by Nora
Compulsive ~ a strong, irresistible impulse to act (i.e., to knit) and Obsessive ~ to occupy the mind excessively (thus this blog)


Saturday, January 20, 2007  

Today’s Fiber News

More FOs and not all of them!

This is one of my two 2007 FOs. The yarn was on a cone I bought Silver Brook and used about 975 yards. It really was an easy pattern if you paid enough attention. I have two shawls cast on right now, Incarus and Litla Dimun Shawls.
Pattern: Wool Peddler’s Shawl
Source: Folk Shawls
Manufacturer/Yarn: Jaggerspun/Maine Linc
Content: 100% Wool
Color: Red Pine
Details: 1540 yards
Cost: $22.00

This was a November 2006 FO, I think. My mom requested a tie headband as she misplaced a winter one she used in the cold. I raided my stash yarn and made it of leftovers.
Pattern: Headband
Source: one of the Stitch n’ Bitch books
Manufacturer/Yarn: Debbie Bliss/Cashmerino Aran
No band for details.

This was a November 2006 FO, also. It was my third Weaver’s Mini Shawl that I gifted to my niece, Bonnie at Christmas. I added a pretty stickpin. It was proportioned for her petite frame and she wears it with flair.
Pattern: Weaver’s Mini Shawl with my custom edging
Source: Free on Web
Manufacturer/Yarn : JJ’s Iron Pot Carding/Kaleidoscope
Content: 12 Ply Mohair
Color: 138
Details: 400 meters
Cost: $48.00

posted by Nora | 4:24 PM
Comments: Post a Comment
On the Needles
Gallery
Patterns
Archives